Monday, May 10, 2010

BP faces tough questions ...

BP continues to figure out how in the world it will stop a massive problem in the Gulf of Mexico.

The company tried putting a large box over an area where oil is pouring out hundreds of feet below water level. It didn't work.

Now comes word that BP, with the Environmental Protection Agency's blessing, is spraying chemicals that would help control and -- hopefully -- stop the problems. There is no real gauge on whether or not this will help, not hurt, the all-important offshore shrimpers and other businesses along the Gulf Coast.

I know that many of you might not care one whit about this spill. "What does it do to me and how does it affect me putting food on the table, clothes on my children's backs and gas in my car?"

Let's wait and see.

-- Joe Rutland

No comments:

Post a Comment