Sunday, July 19, 2009

A bit about the Broncos ...

While I realize Laredo's sports news and highlights are best left to Sports Editor Dennis Silva and his staff, I wanted to briefly share with you, dear business readers, my Saturday night experience at Veterans Field taking in a Laredo Broncos baseball game.
Admittedly, it is the first time I've been out to see a Broncos game here in town. I realize there have been ups and downs within the Broncos organization in recent times ... yet this piece isn't about all of that.
What I saw and experienced while being out there was seeing families -- moms, dads and children -- gathering together for fun. Friends sitting with friends, staying well hydrated from sunset when the ump called "lights on" for the game. I also saw some great baseball being played, too.
Of course, I leave with the Broncos down 3-1 after six innings and, doggone it, they rallied to win 4-3.
For me, it was a pleasant experience. Here's hoping the Broncos put together a push for the playoffs.

-- Joe Rutland

No comments:

Post a Comment